To Be Faithful Servants Walking God's Talk
Church law dictates that the normal place of marriage should be the parish the bride or groom regularly attends. Weddings are available at St. Patrick’s only to parishioners who live within the boundaries of the parish and/or are registered and attend mass at St. Patrick’s church on a regular basis.
The couple must contact the parish at least ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE of the proposed marriage date.
In accordance with the guidelines established by the Archdiocese of Toronto, couples intending to marry in the church are required to complete three steps as they prepare for marriage in the Church:
- The couples should register with the pastor at least one year before they marry.
- The future bride and groom are required to individually complete a questionnaire, which will be reviewed with them together in confidence, and,
- They are expected to complete a Marriage Preparation course.
At St. Patrick’s, the course consists of seven sessions, held on Thursday evenings, and addresses subjects of importance to couples as they prepare to embrace a vital turning point in their lives. The topics presented include Readiness for Marriage, Communication, Conflict Resolution and Forgiveness, Intimacy, Fertility Care and Natural Family Planning, Living our Values and Marriage as a Sacrament.
Typically two courses are held each year, one beginning in October and another in January.
Next classes are:
- October 12 -- November 23, 2017
- February 8 – March 22, 2018
- October 11 -- November 22, 2018
For more information regarding St. Patrick's Marriage Preparation Program, please click below for:
For further information on courses, dates, locations, and for registrations, please call the Catholic Family Services of Toronto at The Archdiocese of Toronto at 416-921-1163, or click here.
For information on Marriage Music, please visit http://www.drlukedavis.com